NEWS reaching us says was an explosion at the Olúségun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta on Thursday, leaving two persons feared dead.
NEWS explosion occurred around 11 am at the Marcque event center within the Presidential Library.
NEWS NAIJA learned that a routine cleaning was being done while one of the gas cylinders in the event center exploded.
An eyewitness told our source that some dead bodies have been taken by a rescue team that arrived at the scene shortly after the incident.
When our source visited the library, it was observed that both gates at the entrance and the exit were under lock and key.
Attempts by our correspondent to gain access failed as the guards at the gates sent everyone that wanted to enter back.
This occurrence is the fourth time an explosion has recorded in the last week in the state.
On Tuesday, the Conference Hotel in Abeokuta owned by former Governor, Gbenga Daniel, was hit by the explosion, killing two and injuring three others.
The two occurrences of the gas explosion last week claimed the lives of an infant and four others.
Last Wednesday, three persons, including an infant were burnt to death in a gas explosion that occurred in Oke-Egunyan, along NTA Road in Abeokuta when a technician was topping up the gas of a faulty refrigerator.
Barely 24 hours after the incident, another gas explosion occurred on Mercy Road, Panseke, Abeokuta where a technician, Sanya Shonde was injured which later led to the amputation of his leg.